I continue to plan my mid-December Thailand one-week vacation.
I want the first half to be active (bicycle/kayaking, nightlife, boxing/lady boy shows) and the second half more relaxed (good hotel, large pool, on the beach line).
Initially I planned for Samui + Ko Pha Ngan but some say that in mid-December the weather can be a factor in those areas (is it true?). Now I consider some combination of Bangkok or Phuket and a quiet island. I believe Bangkok will have the best shows/nightlife. However Phuket has sport activities that I cannot do on most islands.
Any opinion? Which small island can be an option (I look for a quiet beach line great hotel)? Maybe a quiet beach in Phokat can cover everything?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 2 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 3 Trekking outside Sapa
- 4 Internet in SE Asia
- 5 The reasons why you should travel to Cambodia immediately [Part 1]
- 6 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 7 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 8 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 9 need your help with japan itinerary
- 10 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 11 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 12 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 13 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 14 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 15 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 16 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 17 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 18 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 19 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 20 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 21 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 22 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 23 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 24 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 25 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai