I'm getting married in late February and traveling with my future wife to Thailand for our honeymoon. We will have 12 days on the ground (end of Feb to early March) in Thailand and I want to of course maximize our time and romance there.
I'm not really sure where to start - we are active and enjoy hiking, animals, history, new foods, country culture and nature; but also the big city culture as well as the beach. I think we could probably do three places during our time there but would love a sanity check on that. I'm looking for suggestions on regions, itinerary/order of the trip, and activities in each area.
I'm going to say that our average budget/night will be $200 but we are absolutely down to have some cheaper places to stay on certain parts of the trip and splurge with more expensive accommodations on others. Enjoying some luxury (nice accommodations/meals) during a portion of the trip is a priority. Flying between regions is fine.
I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 2 Kata Beach
- 3 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 4 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 5 Best day trip from Phuket
- 6 two health related questions
- 7 Sulawesi
- 8 meow?
- 9 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 10 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 11 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 12 Phuket
- 13 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 14 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 15 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 16 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 17 Bangkok - Suggestions ??
- 18 Princess Cruise
- 19 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 20 Going to France - Should I Learn French?
- 21 36 Hours in Manila with a Baby and Seeking Hotel Recommendations
- 22 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 23 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 24 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 25 Anyone Else here Stuck at Bali DPS ?