Feeling overwhelmed by all the options in Thailand and could use some direction!
We are a family of 4 (myself, husband, 2 boys -- 6 and 8) that will be traveling to Thailand between December and January. Some things about us, so that we can get some good feedback:
1. First time to Thailand
2. Experienced travelers
3. Prefer to stay mid-range on accommodations, with houses with yard or some space for kids to run around, with wifi, if possible
4. I don't like being constantly overwhelmed by crowds
5. NOT looking to party or do a lot of shopping
6. We have varied interests -- I like historical stuff, husband likes beach stuff
7. We LOVE to find fun, out of the way places to visit
8. We plan to have a car
9. We plan to maybe visit 2-4 locations, so that we can get settled and then go out exploring
I would love some suggestions on places to locate during our stay and then places to visit around our locations. I realize that we will probably need to stay in Bangkok (or very close) for the first 2 days to get situated, especially with the kiddos. Otherwise, I am completely open to suggestions!!
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL 1:855 :843:8475 Insta!!ations Err0r Tec*h AOL CONTACT 24by7
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 4 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 5 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 6 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 7 Internet in SE Asia
- 8 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 9 need your help with japan itinerary
- 10 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 11 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 14 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 15 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 16 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 17 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 18 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 19 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 20 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 21 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 22 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 23 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 24 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 25 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...