Hi Fodors forum,
I'm an avid fan of this forum and its saved me in a number of occasions but this will be my first posted topic! I'm an American, based in India, who is planning an 8 day trip to Thailand. My boyfriend and I are looking for a calm time, seeing temples, some monkeys, eating street food and maybe some snorkeling. We are flying into Bangkok but then have the remaining 7.5 days open so I was looking for some advice on how to plan the trip in Thailand. I was interested in going to northern thailand as well- is it possible to go snorkeling and then up to northern thailand? Any off the map type of places to see? Any unique places to stay? We love to see local places and don't mind train journeys so we're open to it all! Any help would be incredibly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 2 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 3 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 4 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 5 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 8 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 9 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 10 Wat Arun
- 11 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 12 Miyajima Island
- 13 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 14 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 15 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 16 Vientiane to LP December
- 17 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 18 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 19 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 20 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 21 5 days in Singapore
- 22 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 23 Shanghai in January
- 24 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 25 Myanmar tour companies
Hi Fodors forum,