My husband and I are hoping to visit Burma/Myanmar at the end of the year.
Our dates will be Dec 28th - Jan 11th. We want to spend a maximum of 3 days in Thailand, and the rest of our time in Myanmar. We are a young, newly wed South African couple, but we don't want to have anything to do with the party scene in Thailand. We would only be after a day or two at a quiet beach, and some time to sample the local flavours and culture and natural beauty. Off the beaten track is what we are after.
And then for Mynanmar, I don't know very much about it at all. It looks incredible beautiful and unspoilt, and rich in culture and natural beauty. That is exactly what we are wanting to see. Can anyone recommend a rough itinerary for us? I have hgeard rumblings about safety worries and political unrest. Has anyone been lately that can offer any information on that? Any information on Visa requirements for South Africans?
I have read that its possible to get them in Thailand (we will be flying into Bangkok and then onto Myanmar) so could get our visa then? We would prefer to spend the 2-3 days in Thailand after Myanmar, so around the 9th January.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 2 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 3 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 4 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 Wat Arun
- 7 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 8 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 9 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 10 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 11 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 12 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 13 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 14 Vientiane to LP December
- 15 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 16 5 days in Singapore
- 17 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 18 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 19 Shanghai in January
- 20 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 21 Myanmar tour companies
- 22 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 23 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 24 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 25 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?