Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Thailand & Siem Reap Photo's For Your Viewing Pleasure! (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/thailand-and-siem-reap-photos-for-your-viewing-pleasure-598087/)

eurotraveller Mar 10th, 2006 12:09 PM

Thailand & Siem Reap Photo's For Your Viewing Pleasure!

Greetings! Although I am only 1/3 of the way done with my trip report, I did get all my photos uploaded to an online album.

I separated Thailand into one photo album, Siem Reap into another and then created another one of some of our hotels/bungalows.

I was really good about adding captions to the Thailand ones but it took forever so I got lazy and only labeled some of the Siem Reap ones. If you want to know more about any of them just post a question on the photo where it says "make a comment" and I will get back to you, ok?

The best way to view the photos is to click on " Slideshow". Once the slide show has loaded you can click the box to the right of "caption" at the top of the page and it will show a caption across the bottom of the photo.

I hope you enjoy viewing Thailand and Siem Reap through my eyes!

www.windjammer.smugmug.com

Cheers!

Tamara

Kathie Mar 10th, 2006 12:16 PM

Thanks for posting these, Tamara. Your photos are lovely and bring back wonderful memories!

eurotraveller Mar 10th, 2006 12:35 PM

My pleasure! It took me days to put it together but it is a labor of love. :-)

If anyone sees a photo that you find particularly special please leave a comment on it in the album. Just click on "add comment".

LA_FadeAway Mar 10th, 2006 01:10 PM

Tamara,
You took some amazing pictures. Thank you so much for sharing! I'm at work, so I look forward to viewing the rest of them when I get home.

What kind of camera did you use? I'm looking at getting a new digital before our trip, so I like to compare the pictures people are taking with various types.

Craig Mar 10th, 2006 01:24 PM

Great photos - we're in the process of sorting out all of ours - it's fun but time-consuming to edit and pick out the best. Thanks for sharing.

waynehazle Mar 10th, 2006 01:25 PM

Great pictures! It takes me back too.
As much as I loved the immenseness of Angkor Wat, the exotic mystery of Ta Prom, there was nothing like Bantay Srei!

eurotraveller Mar 10th, 2006 01:29 PM

Wayne, I enjoyed Banteay Srei as well!

I just noticed the comments you left. There were several of those spiders and I was going to put my hand up there so people could see how big it was but it was just too damn big for me to want to get that close to it!

And, yes, that photo is of our guide which I put in the caption. he was great!

Wayne, nice site. I see that you have a passion for traveling, too. What is your favorite country? I would lave a hard time choosing between my three favorites; Thailand, Croatia and Turkey.

Cheers!

Tamara

eurotraveller Mar 10th, 2006 01:31 PM

LA and Craig, glad you enjoyed the photos.

LA, I have a Canon PowerShot SD100 Digital Elph and I love it! My boyfriend was so impressed with the photos I took that he went out and bought the better version of it. Mine is only a 3.2.

waynehazle Mar 10th, 2006 02:05 PM

Well since I am in the Asia site. I will say India. No seriously it has to be India. It is so overwhelming. There is so much too it. Tanzania comes second for the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater.

I don't think I have a least favorite country. But of all the places I have been, the place I amleast likely to go back to is Chile. Santiago was clean well manicured sophisticated city, with neighborhoods that rival the nice neighborhoods of Southern California. SNOOOOOZE! I want to see cows and goats in the road, I want madness and insanity on my vacations!

I probably I am in no rush to see Switzerland again either.

eurotraveller Mar 10th, 2006 02:15 PM

Wayne, I am going to email you my reply so I don't clog this thread.

LA_FadeAway Mar 10th, 2006 03:47 PM

Tamara,
So many people are taking great pictures with those Elphs! It's hard to believe such a simple little camera can take souch amazing pics.

Have you tried to use it a night or indoors much? That's my biggest complaint about my Nikon is that it takes great pictures outdoors in daylight but at night and/or indoors it's horrible.

alibi13 Mar 10th, 2006 11:10 PM

great pictures. your angkor at dawn made me wish i had gotten up early one morning. so purplish and pretty. and that giant spider is very scary.

where is chiang dao?

rhkkmk Mar 11th, 2006 05:02 AM

great pics....i have only done the SR ones but will continue today with the others....

your sepia pics are interesting...my camera does not take that sort of orange hue, but rather a grayish hue...

if you have a moment, it would be appreciated if you would swing a few of the pics, near the end, so they are right side up....

one group of pics seemed far clearer and sharper than the others (although there was nothing wrong with the others), was it from a different camera??

rhkkmk Mar 11th, 2006 06:29 AM

i enjoyed all the rest of the pics as well....what a wonderful trip....did you find jewelry makings along the way??

eurotraveller Mar 11th, 2006 06:44 AM

LA, I do use it at night and it works fine when I use it on my little tripod or use the flash. For still photos I either set it up on the tripod or flat surface and then set the timer so the camera is steady.

For a good example you can look at my Accomodations album. All the hotel room ones are taken inside with a flash. There is also one of Peter and I sitting outside at dinner. A flash was used there as well. The photos of the restaurant at the hotel in Siem Reap were taken on a little tripod.

Alibi, Chiang Dao is a little slice of heaven about an hour and a half drive from Chiang Mai, to the north. www.chiang dao .com has great info on Chiang Dao and some about Chiang Mai.

Bob, I used the same cameera although I also used about 8 of Peter's. The difference may be in the time of day they were taken. I try to take most of my photos in the morning or afternoon when the light is best but that is not always possible.

Cheers!

Tamara

eurotraveller Mar 11th, 2006 07:00 AM

That would be www.chiangdao.com and camera, not cameera! :-)

Bob, I thought I had already flipped the photos. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Kippy Mar 11th, 2006 08:58 AM

Fab photos. Definitely my viewing pleasure and thank you for that.

Was the gnome with you? I noticed that he had all his beachwear on. One for his family album!

eurotraveller Mar 11th, 2006 10:29 AM

Kippy, the gnome was with us. Most of the time I forgot to take him along for our photo ops! Next time!

LA_FadeAway Mar 11th, 2006 11:49 AM

Tamara,
Thanks again for the info on you camera and for posting the pictures!

Clifton Mar 11th, 2006 12:00 PM

I enjoyed the photos Tamara, thanks for sharing them.

We were in Siem Reap a couple of weeks prior and it rained our first morning there too. It was pouring down when we woke early to go out at sunrise. Seemed to surprise everyone there, including our driver.