thailand airfare from So Cal.

Sep 26th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

thailand airfare from So Cal.

Does anyone have any leads on decent priced airfare from the west coast (LAX/SFO) to BKK? we plan to fly Dec 15 and return end of Dec of this year... was hoping for some last minute deals... friends got flights a year ago for $650 RT. Now the best i can locate is $1150 pp RT. Am i a total cheep-o? is that a decent price from So. Cal?
Any help/info is appreciated.
Sep 26th, 2005, 07:53 PM

its late to be buying because of christmas...you better get hopping...
Sep 27th, 2005, 09:50 AM

I bought my ticket in April 2005 for this coming Dec 2005/Jan 2006 and I paid $1152.15 with the taxes included. I leave Dec 16th. I drove down to the Thai Air office on Sepulveda...south of the 105... and walked in and bought the ticket. I didn't call beforehand or really shop around. Thai Air prices are very consistant. Plus, I wanted a flexible ticket. Folks in L.A. who fly to Thailand use Star Tours...1.323.644-1063...at 5112 Hollywood Blvd at Normandy inside the Hye Plaza mini mall on the south side of the street.I've been there.If you need to cancel for some reason, they charge $75. for cancellations and then you have to also pay Thai Air $75. You have to either mail the ticket back to them...Star Tours... or go in in person. My ticket if needs to be cancelled will be charged $75., but I can cancel over the phone and Thai Air will recredit my credit card right over the phone...I've done a cancellation with them once and it couldn't have been easier. You can also try USA Gateway...213.383-6360 and Econo Travel 323.671-2288. These are agents that Thai friends use. Shh...top secret....don't tell anyone...Ha..Ha..Ha... Air fare went up July 01st on Thai Air which is one reason I purchased the ticket in April.If you wait too long, it will be WAY higher than the price you've stated...an economy ticket could hike to $3,000...I've seen it happen before... because economy seats, at the low fare, sell out fast on Thai Air. Good Luck. Happy Travels!
Sep 27th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Guenmai - thank you for your post. I appreiciate the feedback. We are working with a travel agent in Dallas TX who was referred to us by a business associate who frequents Asia. She is with USA gateway travel. Our associate said we should travel on Thai Air if at all possible so we are holding out for tickets with that airline. Today i went to the Thai Air website did a search for tickets and game back with nearly exactly the same price as we were quoted from the agent (but she has us on AA). Went back to check again 2 hours later and the site said no flights available!! YIKES. Like you said the tickets go fast! I will try again and hopefully get another chance for purchase.
Sep 27th, 2005, 11:48 AM

bob, unless heatherx had the kangaroo loin at bed, i don't think she will be hopping anywhere. lol.

flts on any airline from hnl to nrt or bkk in dec. very expensive. some flts have no economy seats, only b and f.
Sep 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM

Get a quote from this company. Used them many times in the past.

[email protected]
Sep 27th, 2005, 12:53 PM

You may want to check cheaptickets.com. 12/15-12/27 LAX-BKK R/T $1018 total w/tax. Choice of a number of airlines.
I got a fare of $727 total for Feb/Apr '06, but during holiday season fares are higher.