Thanks to the pillars of this forum, our Thai vacation will begin on Xmas day. So, its BKK, Krabi, & CM. Just a few details that I need help on:
1. Going from the US with camera, iPhone, IPad etc, what electrical accessories do I need? Voltage converter? Plug adapters?
2. Best place to exchange $ to THB: BKK/Suvarnabhumi itself or here in the sweet USA?
3. Good place to get SIM card - someone had mentioned BKK/Suvarnabhumi Airport.
4. My wife's b'day falls during our stay in BKK. Any bakery recommendations on Sukhumvit?
5. Day-trip Excursions in CM: Is the White Temple worth it or just a tacky trap? Elephants are out and so are trips to see rural natives in habitat. Any recommendations other than the national park?
Am trying to hit some of the eating spots featured in the exciting Anthonmy Bourdain documentary. Any restaurant ideas? my sons want to drown themselves in local cuisine.
That;'s it for now. I'm sure there will be a Ch. 2.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HP ! Passwords Reset Contact $ 1800~681~7208 $ HP Tec*h ak47baba
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 4 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 5 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 6 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 7 Internet in SE Asia
- 8 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 9 need your help with japan itinerary
- 10 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 11 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 14 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 15 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 16 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 17 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 18 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 19 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 20 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 21 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 22 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 23 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 24 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 25 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...