Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Terminal 21 - Bangkok (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/terminal-21-bangkok-942447/)

BillT Jul 11th, 2012 01:07 PM

Terminal 21 - Bangkok

For our November trip to the land of smiles we will be arriving at the hotel (Westin Sukhumvit) early about 7:30 am. We will want breakfast so I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of a good place for breakfast at that hour at Terminal 21. The hotel is right across the street from Terminal 21. I have been on the website for Termninal 21 but I'm not able to get an answer to my question.

MichaelBKK Jul 11th, 2012 06:54 PM

Terminal 21 is a shopping mall. Shopping malls in Bangkok do not open until 10:00 am at the earliest. There are no restaurants there with direct access that can open earlier than the mall, so there is no place in the mall for breakfast.

The closest place I can think of is Kuppa, which is down Soi 16 just on the other side of the Asoke intersection. They open at 8:00 am. Or, there is a McD in the Westin, open 24 hours I think.

rhkkmk Jul 11th, 2012 07:26 PM

bill, i think you have it wrong... your hotel is further up sukhumvit i think...

term 21 is at asoke and suk...

rhkkmk Jul 11th, 2012 07:29 PM

i am wrong sorry

rhkkmk Jul 11th, 2012 07:34 PM

did you see that tASKIN IS STILL OPEN

BillT Jul 12th, 2012 04:48 AM

Bob- yes I see that but I think for us having access to the skytrain and subway right outside the hotel and Terminal 21 with its many eateries is going to work best for us.

simpsonc510 Jul 12th, 2012 04:55 AM

Did you give up on Four Points?

BillT Jul 12th, 2012 05:31 AM

Yes we like the Westin as its very convenient to the skytrain and subway and Terminal 21 which has many eateries. Having the skytrain right out the front door is a big plus for us.

rhkkmk Jul 12th, 2012 06:50 AM

don't put too much weight on term 21 as it is really a place catering to young people... we hated it..

simpsonc510 Jul 12th, 2012 07:53 AM

I understand. Yes, the Westin is much closer to the BTS and the subway.

There is a lot of food in Terminal 21. It is basically a 'food mall' if you want my opinion. It is interspersed with little boutique shops selling this and that, but the food choices are EVERYWHERE, and there is a large food court on the top floor. Each floor has a city/country theme to it, and the large decorations will depict the city/country. I'm not so sure the shops follow suit. It probably does cater more to the young people because they like to gather and eat!

I will most definitely return to Term 21 (for either Haagen Dazs... on the SFO floor, up high, by the cable car I think; or for Swenson's, which is about 4th floor, right by the big escalators in the atrium.

There is also a gourmet market in the basement. I will stock my fridge with yogurt and food items from there, for sure.

BillT Jul 12th, 2012 03:53 PM

Yes we like it because of the food options. We will certainly eat when we are out and about but its nice to have that option so close to the hotel.