Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Tailor in Singapore...Recommendations please!
Notices

Tailor in Singapore...Recommendations please!

Aug 15th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Rhonda

Tailor in Singapore...Recommendations please!

One last thing before I head to Singapore...can anyone recommend a good tailor in Singapore? I'm just looking to get some business shirts made for my husband (I'll take all his measurements with me)and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm not looking for dirt cheap and would prefer good quality fabrics etc. It would just be great to get some shirts custom made so that the sleeves don't cover his hands (just kidding he isn't that short!).

Any advice would be truly welcomed.

Regards
Rhonda

Aug 15th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Kathie

I have an excellent tailor to recommend: Leighton's. (in the Far East Shopping Center, I believe, check the phone book) My ex had many suit and shirts made their over the years and the quality is superb. Note that you will not be able to take enough measurements to make the shirts have truly a custom made fit. Does your husband have a custom-made shirt that fits very well? If so, you can take one along and have it copied. If not, measure everything you can, remembering that most people have arms of slightly different length, etc. You'll have lots of decisions to make on style and fabrics, probably things you've not thought of before.

Aug 15th, 2002, 10:35 PM
Rhonda

Thanks Kathie....your response was most helpful. I'll take a favourite (custom made) shirt along as a sample.

There seems to be a lot of choice when it comes to tailors in Singapore so without recommendations I wouldn't be sure where to start.

Thanks again
Rhonda

Aug 16th, 2002, 12:01 AM
wayne

Justmen's at Tanglin Shopping Centre beside Orchard Parade Hotel is one of the best tailors in town. They have many foreign customers going to them.A shirt will cost S$70-80 and wool trousers S$150-200. CEOs and investment bankers go to them for their shirts and suits.Like their namesake, they only do men's.

Search this Thread