Top 5 of China?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 01:52 AM
Maurice

Top 5 of China?

What is your top 5 of China?

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 02:20 AM
Charlie

Lets see....<BR>#1 General tso's chicken<BR>#2 Beef,chicken & shrimp(Hunan style)<BR>#3 Subgumwonton<BR>#4 Cashew chicken<BR>#5 Ma Po Tu Fu<BR>How's that? Does that answer your question?

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:40 PM
Maurice

No, that does not answer my question.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:56 AM
jkgourmet

Not necessarily in order:<BR><BR>- boat trip down Li River in Guilin<BR>- walking the streets anywhere, particularly visiting the food markets<BR>- Xi'an Terra Cotta soldiers<BR>- climbing the great wall<BR>- visiting a duck farm (hey - now I know where real "Peking Duck" comes from!

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 08:33 AM
cb

From what I've seen so far in China: <BR>1. Huangshan<BR>2. scenery along the Li River<BR>3. Xian terracotta warriors<BR>4. the great wall<BR>5. Suzhou master of the nets garden

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 11:29 AM
english speaker

My response hasn't a darn thing to do with topic. I happened upon this story and have to share it. BIZARRE ! Per a BBC story, "More and more people in China are seeking tongue operations to improve their English." Read the article in its' entirety at:<BR><BR>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2161780.stm<BR>

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 04:10 AM
Carrie

I have been to China three times and I have only scratched the surface. So far, these are my top 5:<BR><BR>1) The Great Wall<BR>2) Huangshan<BR>3) Suzhou<BR>4) Guilin & Li Jiang<BR>5) Xian

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 10:12 AM
Jessica

It's been a while since I was last there but am dying to go back! I must admit though that I have only a top 4 list instead of 5.<BR><BR>1. Yang Shuo/Guilin<BR>2. Great Wall<BR>3. Xian - For the Terracotta Warriors!<BR>4. Just walking and mingling with the people. They are so awesome!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 03:20 AM
Nancy

Do we need to include Tibet and Taiwan?<BR><BR>The best so far:<BR>JiuGhaiZhou NP<BR>EmeiShan<BR>LeShan

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 06:59 AM
topping

Topping

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 03:05 AM
butch

<BR><BR><BR>My top Five :<BR><BR>1. Great Wall<BR>2. Shanghai Museum<BR>3. Suzhou<BR>4. Guilin<BR>5. Huangshan<BR>

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 05:40 PM
PK

What about the Yangtze River Cruise, 5 days seems like a long time to be on the boat. Do you see similar sites if you go to Guilin and take a Li River float?

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Norma

1. Great Wall, of course!<BR>2. Xian.<BR>3. Imperial City<BR>4. Tea farm<BR>5. Seeing the peoiple exercising in the parks

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 01:51 AM
Maurice

PK,<BR><BR>Guilin and Yangshuo surroundings are very different from the scenery around Yangtze river.<BR><BR>Both are in my opinion a must to do. The Yangtze cruise can also be done shorter, You get off the boat in e.g. Wuhan.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Craig Blanchard

I have been to China three times, a month each stay. Here are my top five moments:<BR><BR>1. Talking to a Monk at Sera Monastery in Lhasa.<BR>2. Taking the cable car up Hua Shan near Xi'an.<BR>3. Eating Pao Mo in Xi'an across the street from a McDonald's that had been bombed by a spurned lover.<BR>4. Walking any part of the Great Wall.<BR>5. Talking to a Chinese family about American education.<BR>

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 11:13 PM
lze

About the top 5. Hard to say but I will tell you my favorites. There are many good suggestions here. <BR><BR>1. We took a motorcycle side car tour into the county side to visit a farmer's house. How interesting and great scenery along the way. Such a meager existance they have. <BR><BR>2. Walking the Great Wall <BR><BR>3. The Terra Cotta Warriors<BR><BR>4. just people watching. We enjoyed taking photos of the children and also the of the weathered faces of the elders. So interesting <BR><BR>5. Seeing some of the most beautiful scenery ever imagined. We were on the boat on the Yangtze and it was wonderful. The lesser gorges are just as beautiful if not, more so. Take lots and lots of pictures!<BR><BR>6. Check out those markets. Makes you really appreciate what we have here. <BR><BR>Yes, I know, that makes six. There is just so much to see and learn. I would like to go back and see the results of the damn project when they open it and flood the area. Hard to imagine.