Asiana Airlines

Old May 4th, 2004, 02:28 PM
KWP
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asiana Airlines

Has anyone been on this airline? We were considering it from LAX to India. There would be a change of planes in Seoul.
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:56 PM

tt
Old May 5th, 2004, 10:04 AM

Flew Asiana for the first (and only) time 2 years ago from LAX - Incheon. Service was extremely good in Business Class. Lounges at both airports were also great. I was a little apprehensive since I had not heard much about the airline but apparently they are one of the top 2 Korean airlines. I would say the overall service would match if not surpass that of any U.S. airline I have flown internationally.
Old May 5th, 2004, 11:00 AM

We flew them to Hong Kong a couple of years ago. Very good service- much better than any US airline.

The Seoul airport is new and clean although not many food options.
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:56 PM

I'll be flying to Beijing in a few weeks on Asiana and stopping in Seoul for a few hours. What was the food like on Asiana? Is the airport in Seoul close to the city? I may venture out for a little bit since I'm there for about 5 hours.
Old May 5th, 2004, 10:07 PM

We flew Asiana last July and enjoyed it. We were in coach and had decent space as well as good food (for an airline anyways). We noticed that the Korean option was not much different than the American option--both tasted the same. Decent entertainment (not as good as JAL or Cathay though). The staff was the best part!! They were sooo nice it was almost unbelievable!!!!

ICN is a great airport--it looks brand new. Flat screen televisions had the news (in Korean) and we enjoyed the food there a lot. If you like duty free shopping then this is your airport!
Old May 6th, 2004, 09:45 AM
KWP
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for the information. I sure appreciate learning more about this airline.
Old May 7th, 2004, 01:29 PM

I flew Asiana from LAX to Hong Kong. We had to transfer planes in Seoul. They have great service and the food isn't that bad. (It's airplane food...LOL) But, one complaint is that our luggage was not transferred to our Seoul-Hong Kong plane so we had to stay an extra day in Hong Kong (which worked out since we were supposed to take a speedboat to ZhuHai), and even with all of that, they were very cordial and apologetic for the mistake. I would most likely fly them again, but they wouldn't be my first choice.
Old May 8th, 2004, 09:29 AM

Did Asiana provide a hotel/meal voucher for those of you that stayed a few hours in Seoul? (I'll be stuck in Seoul for 5 hours on my way to Beijing.) I've been reading that Seoul has a hotel at the airport for those that have long layovers.
Old May 13th, 2004, 08:41 AM

I would definitely try to take advantage of that hotel during your layover. I was stuck in Seoul for 6 hours on the way back to LAX and there really isn't much to do. The airport (well where I was) is pretty much bare and unless you have a visa, you can't go through customs I don't think.