I visited Suzhou with a friend from Wuxi. After reaching Suzhou main station, there were lots of local tours offered day trip with moderate price ( 180 yuan) for a visit to 5 attraction sites. All Sites fees were covered and they take you in a nice tour bus. All the draw back is that the guide were speaking Chinese only & lunch was included .
As my friend is Chinese we decided to take to So we decided to take the tour where he can translate what the guide said . we decided to visit Humble Administrator's Garden, one of the most famous Garden in China. Hanshan temple, Feng (Maple bridge) which is very famous throughout China due to this poetry :
""Crows call as the moon falls on a cold night, one is sleepless while looking at maple trees afar and flashing lanterns on fishing boats. The chilly bells of Cold Mountain Temple at midnight on the outskirts Suzhou fly to the passenger boat."
Then continued with FenqQiao old town, Suzhou Silk Museum ( where you can buy nice silk souvenir , and ended walk in Shantang Street with a cruise in Water Canal.
I made short video of the trip below :
Before 6.00 pm the tour dropped as back to the Main station. it was worth the money.
I suggest to those visiting Shanghai & HangZhou, not to miss Suzhou ( 100 km and only less then an hour with G-train from Shanghai), as the city really holds its name as "venice of the east"
Hope it helps
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL $ 1800:570:1233 Passwords Reset Contact AOL Tec*h ak47baba..
- 2 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 3 Kyushu Olle Course Trail Resource
- 4 6 Days in Thailand
- 5 9 days in Japan in April
- 6 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 7 12 days in Cambodia January
- 8 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 10 Internet in SE Asia
- 11 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 12 Wat Arun
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 15 Question re. fees at BOM
- 16 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 17 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 18 Spa Bangkok
- 19 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 20 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 21 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 22 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 23 need your help with japan itinerary
- 24 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 25 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa