My boyfriend and I are travelling to Sumatra for 2 weeks in December, we can't wait. We are both bird and nature lovers and we are very excited to get into the rainforest.
Does anyone who has been before have any itinerary suggestions? We realise that since Sumatra is quite large so in order to get the most of what we do see, we should perhaps pick one region of Sumatra.We definitely would like to do some jungle trekking and try to see wild orangutans so we think that the North would probably be our best bet?
We are also very much into hiking, diving etc so any itinerary suggestions would be must appreciated
Any tips as far as safety etc goes would also be much appreciated. We don't know much about volcanoes so how serious is the eruption that took place this weekend and should we avoid the area?
We haven't been able to find a great deal of information on Sumatra so far, but this is part of what makes it so appealing to us.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 VPN Suggestions / reviews
- 2 Resort in Vietnam
- 3 Mekong delta bike tour
- 4 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 5 Bank Guarantee / Standby Letter Of Credit
- 6 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 7 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 8 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 9 Bago or Golden rock
- 10 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 11 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 12 Bangkok
- 13 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 14 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 15 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 16 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 17 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 18 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 19 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 20 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 21 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 22 Sulawesi
- 23 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 24 8 Days in Bali
- 25 two health related questions