I bought some cheap flights to Japan. I fly in and out of Tokyo and have 17 days.
This is my 2nd time in Japan. The first time I spent a good amount of time in Kyoto, Nara, Kanazawa, Takayama and Matsumoto. Im looking for any tips for a new and different schedule. We are a couple in 30s who enjoy eating, history and nature. Happy to mix big crazy cities like Tokyo and some smaller places (loved Takayama.)
Here's my initial thoughts:
Tokyo - 4 days
Fuji Five Lakes - 2 days
Hakone - 3 days
Osaka - 3 days
Kobe/Himeji - 2 days.
That leaves a bit of time for another place or 2. Some thoughts are Nikko, Kamakura, Yokohama, Kurashiki, Wakayama.
As much as Id love to get down to Naqasaki, it seems like a waste of 8 hours to train there and back from Osaka when there are so many places to see in Japan.
Any thoughts, or places that you have been and loved?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BROTHER PRINTER installations Contact 1~800~681:7208 BROTHER Tec*h care.
- 2 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 need your help with japan itinerary
- 5 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 6 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 7 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 8 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 9 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 10 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 11 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 12 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 13 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 14 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 15 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 16 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 17 Wat Arun
- 18 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 19 Miyajima Island
- 20 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 21 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 22 Vientiane to LP December
- 23 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 24 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 25 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko