I'm at the beginning of arranging my first month long trip to India in November.
After researching various areas I am keen to visit as many places as I can, but still to remain sensible in terms of appreciating those places before moving on.
Generally speaking, I'm looking to fly into Delhi and explore Rajasthan (and it's many iconic cultural sites), travel up to Punjab (namely to see the Golden Temple and border, with a stop to Shimla on the way may maximise that travel?) , next to Mumbai for a few days, then onto the South (to experience the backwaters, rice paddies and tea plantations), with a stop off in Goa (for the beaches) on the way down.
With this in mind, I would therefore I would appreciate your feedback with the initial ideas around itinerary and ask for your honest feedback on:
a) The destinations I have chosen
b) The order of my travel
c) The volume of destinations in the trip
d) General tips and advice
Days 1-9 - Delhi + Agra, Jaipur and Udaipur
Days 10-13 - Shimla? and Amritsar
Days 14-17 - Mumbai
Days 18-23 - Goa (South)
Days 24-31 - Thiruvananthapuram, Varkala, Alappuzha, Kochi and Munnar
Day 32 - Travel home
I plan to maximise a variety of travel options:
- Several internal flights to cut down on travel time from North> East> South
- Train travel
- Car and driver (where recommended)
With your feedback, I will be able to make amendments/ choices/ further thinking where necessary start to move onto planning the more finite details needed.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL MAIL $ 1888:570:1233 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h LOST.
- 2 need your help with japan itinerary
- 3 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 4 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 8 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 10 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 11 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 12 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 13 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 14 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 15 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 16 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 17 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 18 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 19 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 20 Wat Arun
- 21 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 22 Miyajima Island
- 23 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 24 Vientiane to LP December
- 25 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka