Search

Storing luggage at or near Bangkok airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM
TC
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Storing luggage at or near Bangkok airport

After diving in southern Thailand, we will pass through Bangkok on the way to Chiang Rai. Anyone know if we will be able to store dive luggage in lockers at the airport or at the Novotel Suvarnabhumi? We have a reservation at the hotel for night prior to departure to the States.

Thanks.
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 11:43 AM

There is a left luggage facility at the airport. It is not lockers, but is open 24 hours a day. Last I used it (back at the old airport) the cost was about US$2 per item per day.
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 01:11 PM
dmlove

I don't have personal experience with this, but on another forum, it was suggested that the airport left luggage security is not too good.

Old Jul 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM
TC
Original Poster

dmlove, What forum was that discussion?
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 02:11 PM

I've used the Bangkok Airport luggage storage a number of times without any problems. I've never seen any reports on Fodors of losses associated with leaving luggage at the storage facility at the Bangkok Airport.
Old Jul 10th, 2007, 10:32 AM
MPT

We used the left luggage facility at the new airport back in March to avoid lugging bags to Phuket from CR. The facility was run by Chub?) Security and there no lockers, just a big room storing various bags, etc. Storing the bags was no problem. Coming back, we were departing on Air France to Vietnam, so had to go back through security, etc. to retrieve the bags. Overall, worth it as to not have to lug stuff around.
Old Jul 31st, 2007, 01:35 AM

We are staying at the Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport the night before we go to Cambodia. He doesn't want to lug his golf clubs around so is planning on leaving them at the hotel & picking them up before flying back to Sydney. He works for Accor in Australia. Which would be least hassle - leaving with left luggage or at the hotel. It would be for 10 days so one would be free and the other would have a small cost but hassle is what he wants to avoid.