Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Staying at the Imperial Boathouse hotel on koh samui - will we need mosquito nets?

Staying at the Imperial Boathouse hotel on koh samui - will we need mosquito nets?

Jun 4th, 1999, 11:57 AM
Carole

We are travelling to Thailand in August and will be staying on Koh Samui at the Imperial Boathouse hotel in one of the rice barges. We have not travelled out of europe before and are not sure whether we will need to take mosquito nets to use at the hotel. Can anyone advise please.

Jun 5th, 1999, 07:03 AM
Christine

NO

Jun 6th, 1999, 01:53 PM
Koen

Certainly not. Have a look at my site for more info on Ko Samui;

www.1000traveltips.org

Jul 13th, 1999, 10:22 AM
Stephanie

You may not need nets at the hotel....but be sure to take along good mossie repellent. We were just there last month and the mossie's were ferocious!!! And I live in SE Asia..and have become fairly tolerant of the little blood suckers! They are big and hairy...and attack with a vengeance! Taking chunks along with them. I had several bites that itched long after I returned home. Have a great stay...we loved it there...but beware of the dive bombers!!

Jul 13th, 1999, 10:23 AM
Stephanie

You may not need nets at the hotel....but be sure to take along good mossie repellent. We were just there last month and the mossie's were ferocious!!! And I live in SE Asia..and have become fairly tolerant of the little blood suckers! They are big and hairy...and attack with a vengeance! Taking chunks along with them. I had several bites that itched long after I returned home. Have a great stay...we loved it there...but beware of the dive bombers!!