I went to Nepal at the end of September 2011 for a month. I hired porters/guides named Bharat Amgai and his brother Tekanan Amgai. I payed them before we started Annapurna Circuit trek (as it is common in Nepal), but unfortunately on the 4rt day of the trek they left, leaving me all alone in the middle of nowhere, with a heave backpack and almost no money left.
There are no words to describe how shocked and said I was. Not only I had to borrow money from other travellers to pay a lot of money ($30) per day for a new porter untill the end of the trek but I also had to shorten my trek and give up Tilicho lake.
I wish all the travellers the best time in Nepal with is absolutely beautiful! But for your own safety - stay away from this couple of porters: Bharat Amgai and Tekanan Amgai. They are thiefs and criminals!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 MCAFEE Support 1:800:681:7208 Installation Activation CONTACT Mcafee Tec*h
- 2 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 5 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 6 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 7 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 8 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 9 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 10 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 11 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 12 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 13 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 14 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 15 Wat Arun
- 16 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 17 Miyajima Island
- 18 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 19 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 20 Vientiane to LP December
- 21 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 22 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 23 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 24 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 25 5 days in Singapore