Reload this Page >

Stanford Hillview Hotel - Hong Kong

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 12:32 PM
blemke

Hi,<BR>Can anyone tell me about this hotel? Is it close to shopping and site seeing....<BR>thanks

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Chris

Yes, I've stayed there. On a small street on a hill in Kowloon. Perfectly adequate small business hotel- rooms small. A few blocks off the major Kowloon strip. Far preferable to stay at a renovated room in the YMCA Salisbury across from the Star Ferry. Much better value (inc. pool and real gym). Or try the Excelsior on Hong Kong side.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 01:28 PM
Bruce

Stayed there also, very fine except for the small small rooms. Paid about $70.00 using the www.Asia-hotels.com web site.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 01:44 PM
fiona

Chris<BR>Have you stayed at the Excelsior? If so, what did you think of it?( rooms, facilities etc) We are going there next summer.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 12:42 PM
Chris

Yes, stay there quite frequently these days. Corporate expense management! It's run by the Mandarin Hotel Group- Corporate rates around USD 100, including excellent buffet breakfast. Some of the rooms are dreadfully small and dreary, some are quite spacious and light. Excellent location for Causeway Bay. The rooms are all renovated, but somehow the fabrics/wallpaper look very 70's. Personally, I find the YMCA pleasanter for the same money. If you find yourself spending more than $100, you should try for discounts at the Conrad (Hilton). Corp. rates are not that much higher.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 04:33 AM
fiona

thanks for the advice Chris! Any recommendations for rooms? We are really stuck with the hotel as it is part of a tour itinery,but would look at upgrades.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 01:42 AM
chan

From HK myself, Excelsior is a good location for shopping. I never stayed there, but Dickens Bar at the basement is a nice hangout place.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 11:26 AM
Mike

I've stayed in the Excelsior as well. Very friendly staff, the room I had was modern and spacious, great breakfast buffet...I'd recomnend it.

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 01:37 PM

ttt