Considering a 7 night vacation in October, 2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 5). The tour companies I emailed sent me an itinerary either with too many destinations or too much driving (5 hours of car activity with 2 kids does not sound like a vacation). This is is our first trip to SL and while I would love to see everything, I have to narrow it down to 2-3 places. The kids of course would love to see the animals and we would be spending 1 night in Colombo at the end of the trip. Other than that we are open for suggestions and would specially like to know the following
1-What are the must sees, Kandy, Bentota, Negombo, the tea country?
2-We're interested in 5 star hotels, any recommendations?
3-Weather in October
4- must do, where to eat in Colombo. Do we need a guide to see the city?
We're pretty much in planning phase and I can't seem to get a definitive list of the must sees of the country from the net.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 need your help with japan itinerary
- 2 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 5 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 8 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 9 Internet in SE Asia
- 10 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 11 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 12 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 13 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 14 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 15 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 16 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 17 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 18 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 19 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 20 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 21 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 22 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 23 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 24 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 25 Wat Arun