Notices

SRI LANKA VISA QUESTION

Nov 14th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

SRI LANKA VISA QUESTION

I apologize if this is already answered on this site....I keep getting side-tracked reading trip reports!!
We are going to Sri Lanka in January and have applied for visas on the govt website (sent to us by BSL so I think it is legit).
I got a confirmation number after submitting the application. When I go on the website it says my visa request was approved. I printed off that page. Is that It? Do I need to do anything else?
Nov 17th, 2013, 07:29 AM

Yes, Sri Lanka streamlined their visa application process about a year ago. Now all visa applicants begin online on the ETA website. You just need to print off that confirmation page, and give it to the immigration agent (along with your passport) upon arrival.

I think all ETAs are good for 30-days upon arrival, but you can apply for visa extensions at the Department of Immigration in Colombo-10 if you need to modify your visa at all. If you do require visiting the Dept of Imm., be prepared for a 3-4 hour experience!

I hope this information helps you, I know the first time I came to Sri Lanka, I was uncertain about some things as well.
Nov 18th, 2013, 05:50 AM

Hi, I actually just applied for our Sri Lankan Visa as well and had the same question you did. Upon checking I found out the same information julianna_nitz gave you above and that you'd need to present sufficient proof of funds upon entry. Hoping this helps. I can check back late December and let you know how our entry into Sri Lanka went.

Search this Thread