Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Special Sunday Brunch in Bangkok (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/special-sunday-brunch-in-bangkok-870210/)

Hanuman Dec 19th, 2010 04:20 AM

Special Sunday Brunch in Bangkok

If you guys who are here right now and are interested in Japanese food then Tsu-Nami at the JW Marriott is having a limited time only Sunday brunch until the new year. If you have Marriott Gold then it's 50% off for 2 people, 30% off for 3 etc. Free flow wine, champagne, Sake etc.., Fin De Claire Oyster, Foie Gras, Sashimi, all sort of hand rolls, Teppanyaki everything and with 50%off it's less than 1,000 Baht per person! Any other day, until Dec 30th, it's 50%(2 people only) off for all customers for their a la carte menu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf08g42risA

rhkkmk Dec 19th, 2010 08:39 AM

now you tell me..... and we had to settle for very good indian!!

i never visit at the right time

Hanuman Dec 19th, 2010 03:54 PM

They, JW Marriott, just started it last week Bob!

simpsonc510 Dec 19th, 2010 03:57 PM

Thanks, hanuman. We may have to try it out on Sunday. We will be in Pattaya for the Sunday following the new year. I'm 'gold' with Marriott, so would get the 50% discount! Appreciate the heads up.

Bob... you should be here right NOW. Forget November! Now's the time to be here in the city.

Carol

Hanuman Dec 19th, 2010 05:05 PM

Carol as of right now the promo will only last until the end of December but they might extend it. If you're going after December please check with the hotel first.

The 50% off applies to their steakhouse and Chinese restaurant as well. The steakhouse is one of the best in town!

Guenmai Dec 20th, 2010 07:45 AM

Thanks, Hanuman. I love Japanese food which makes it nice to stay at Emporium Suites as the Japanese morning buffet is delicious. The next time I'm in BK, I'll have to try the Marriott for a meal. Happy Travels!

kuranosuke Dec 20th, 2010 11:31 AM

domo, hanuman-san. great video. food looks real good. hope they extend it so we can go and enjoy it. how was the sake?

rhkkmk Dec 20th, 2010 02:30 PM

i just looked at the video...wow...i also notice that all the girls know you??

where is that restaurant? on the 2nd floor?

simpsonc510 Dec 20th, 2010 02:42 PM

guenmai... when are you coming back to Bangkok?

Kathie Dec 20th, 2010 03:47 PM

Cheryl looked at your video and said "we could get in trouble there!"

bookchick Dec 20th, 2010 05:36 PM

Pook, do you have any idea what you've set in motion??

Bob will be sending e-mails and making Skype calls to the GMs of each Marriott around the world until someone agrees to send him a check for 0.16 USD AND upgrade him through 2015 at all their properties, promising him free toe massages on the days of check-in. This is going to become very, very ugly, and will eventually be referenced as "an international incident" which will be epic in the laws of diplomacy, not to mention hotel management.

BC

SueHuml Dec 21st, 2010 11:27 AM

Ooooooooh, just watched the video, yum yum, that looks oh so good. Of course we arrive at the end of the first week of January. Who knows, perhaps the Marriott Riverside Resort and Spa (where we will be staying) will offer a special New Years' Deal like this, well I can wish can't I?

I believe though that as a Platinmum Marriott, I will be getting their fabulous buffet breakfast for free, and could not imagine even wanting lunch, any day after that.
Sue

rhkkmk Dec 21st, 2010 12:51 PM

yes they will give you breakfast in the lounge or in the market...no problem....as platinum someone will carry your plate for you too...

we attended a sunday brunch a few years ago at R&S in trader vics and it was fantastic...

SueHuml Dec 21st, 2010 05:09 PM

Hey, Love it. You mean we can choose, either the lounge OR the Market for breakfast??? Really, after eating the breakfast at the Market (which we paid for) one time in each of the previous trips, I have been satiated foodwise for many hours and not wanting sustinence until dinner time.

It would still be nice if the Riverside Spa Marriott would have a dinner "deal" for the New year. However, we are both looking forward to all the dining options that BKK offers.

Sue
-pouring over Bob's list-

Guenmai Dec 22nd, 2010 01:58 PM

Simpson: I don't know when I'll get back at this point. Nothing is predictable. It hasn't been that long ago since I was last there, as it was Nov 2009. But, whenever I do plan to go back, I'll e-mail you. Happy Travels!

rhkkmk Dec 22nd, 2010 05:45 PM

sue---get those taste buds reving up for tons of market food..

btw, we took the manonha boat for a cooking class and it was fantastic....expensive at 2800 B each but really unique... ask about it

ekscrunchy Dec 23rd, 2010 03:14 AM

Excellent undercover work. The slight change in the spelling of your code name is a nice touch and will not go unnoticed by your superiors.

SueHuml Dec 23rd, 2010 09:06 AM

Taste buds are in gear. Our daughter just got in an hour ago from NYC and we are off to one of our fav Indian Buffets for lunch in the Near west suburbs of Chicago.
Tonight we have our new Thai friends coming over for a little Christmas gathering and some munchies.
Sue

Hanuman Dec 23rd, 2010 04:18 PM

Sue - happy new year in Thai is "Sawasdee Pe Mai".