Solo Female travel in Philipines!

Old Dec 12th, 2019, 08:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solo Female travel in Philipines!

Hello! I need help with logistics in the Philipines! I'm starting in Boracay for 3 nights in area 3, then after that I would like to see El Nido, Palawan, & Coron. From Borocay what is quickest route to each location and which should I start with, and then end with? Also what are the best areas that are convenient and on the prettiest beaches? I will be there a total of 10 nights. I prefer small boutique hotels and less crowded, beautiful beaches Also, will I have time to see Saigoro Island?
Old Dec 13th, 2019, 05:13 PM
kja

Sorry I can't answer your questions, but you might want to take a look at rome2rio.com for your transportation options. Just be sure to click through to the underlying web pages, as the main site is not sensitive to seasonal or other variation in schedules.
Old Dec 16th, 2019, 07:33 PM

You would fly from Boracay to either Cebu or Manila, then fly to Puerto Princessa on the island of Palawan and take a bus to El Nido which is also on Palawan. You would take a ferry from El Nido to get to Coron. If you want to go to Siargo Island you have to get back to Cebu or Manila and fly to Surigao City which is near Siargo Island. There are direct flights from Manila to El Nido but they are more expensive then flying to Puerto Princessa.

Last edited by Governator; Dec 16th, 2019 at 07:49 PM.
Old Dec 17th, 2019, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

That is very helpful Governator! I wasn't planning on seeing Cebu at all since I don't have a lot of time, but if I have to fly into there anyway, do you think I will have enough time if I stay for 1 day and 1 night to go see some waterfalls? Or, just spend more time on Palawan, seems to be a lot of slow traveling to get around the Philipines!
Old Dec 18th, 2019, 06:03 PM

I assume you're coming from a country other than the Philippines. What airport are you landing at, before going to Boracay?

With only 10 days, Boracay, Palawan and Coron are enough. I'ver been to Boracay and Palawan, but on separate trips.

f you are referring to Kawasan Falls, I haven't been there but it looks like it's 4-5 hours away from the Cebu airport. Too much for a day and a night.

When you go to Palawan you can go first from Puerto Princessa to Sabang and see the 'Underground River, spend a night or two there then head over to El Nido for a couple or three nights.

I've never gone to Coron, so I don't really know the logistics of that but it looks like there's a ferry from El Nido.

Last edited by Governator; Dec 18th, 2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

I'll be flying into Manila at 5am, looking for the earliest flight out and into Boracay (won't be spending any time in Manila except in airport). I've booked a place in Zone 3 (is that a good area?) It has free cancellation. Is there an area on Palawan/El Nido that you would recommend staying in? I would like the nicest area/beaches, within walking distance of a town. Preferrably not the most crowded area, lol if at all possible. Any rec's are greatly appreciated!
Old Dec 20th, 2019, 02:46 PM

I don't consider myself an expert on Boracay, even though I've been there 3 times and will be going again for a whole month this January. Zone 3 (Station 3 as they used to call it) is at the southern end of White Beach. The accommodations there are cheaper but it is a bit far from the action of Stations 1 and 2, maybe a 15-20 minute walk. In my opinion, though, you can't go wrong anywhere on Boracay. Station 3 is on the same BEAUTIFUL White Beach as 1 and 2, and you will see the same FABULOUS sunsets. When we go this January we'll be on a totally different part of the island but I'm ok with that as it has a nice beach there too.

As for El Nido, the one time we went, we stayed at a moderate hotel facing the water. El Nido itself is not very beatiful, it's more of a launching point for excursions out to the BEAUTIFUL islands and lagoons that are accessible from El Nido. It's filled with backpacker accomodations and restaurants.You'll want to take one or two island hopping tours while there. So, it probably doesn't matter what part you stay in as long as you can walk over to the water where the boats leave from. Be sure, also, to take a trike (motorcycle side car taxi) over to Commando Beach, it's a GORGEOUS beach that you don't need a boat to get too.

Boracay and Palawan are ranked as 2 of the most beautiful islands in the world, as per Travel and Leisure magazine and they live up to that. You're going to have a great time.

While the beaches of the Philippines are fabulous, I'm not a big fan of their cities. I spend as little time in Manila as is necessary.

Have a great trip.

Last edited by Governator; Dec 20th, 2019 at 02:52 PM.