Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Singapore Zoo Night Safari or Breakfast (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/singapore-zoo-night-safari-or-breakfast-878775/)

bbtraveller Feb 20th, 2011 06:21 PM

Singapore Zoo Night Safari or Breakfast

We have arranged a stop over to Singapore to see the zoo. We only have two nights and can I get a suggestion if breakfast is better or the night safari. We will have a free admission to the Zoo with the Singapore Stopover but I am sure these don't cover the above. Is the cost of these ontop of the admission to the zoo. Does it mean if we book for the breakfast we can then stop on afterwards to see the rest of the zoo for the day and visa versa if we come to the zoo for the day can we then pay extra to stop for the night safari.
thankyou

KimJapan Feb 20th, 2011 06:41 PM

The zoo and night safari are separate areas and separate admissions. Breakfast program is not included in the entrance to the zoo.

The zoo is quite big. We spent an entire day and were pretty ready to leave at the end of the day. I don't think the Night Safari would be as enjoyable after a whole day at the zoo. We did the Night Safari another day, and actually have been twice to the Night Safari now.

Both are fantastic. The zoo is more walking. The Night Safari has less walking as you are required to ride their tram to access many areas.

If I had to choose only one...tough choice, really...but this past, we chose to ride the Singapore Flyer, wander around a bit, eat, and do the Night Safari (for the second time) on a 14 hour stopover in Singapore between Siem Reap and Tokyo. You won't go wrong with either one, thoough.

lcuy Feb 20th, 2011 08:44 PM

Same as above. I've been to night Safari twice, and the zoo once, last November. They are very different from each other, and I loved both. They let you get a lot closer to animals than most other zoos. If the Singapore stopover includes the Zoo, then i'd do that. Though right next to the entrance to the zoo, they are completely separate, and not that cheap!

If you are there when it is really hot, then the night safari might be a bit cooler. I've eaten dinner at the night safari and lunch at the Zoo. Neither was worth the money or the time, so I doubt the breakfast would be any different.

Melnq8 Feb 20th, 2011 10:49 PM

I much preferred visiting the zoo during the day...for me, the Night Safari was a massive disappointment.

Smeagol Feb 20th, 2011 11:30 PM

oh i loved the night Safari. Been a couple of times and a different take on visiting a zoo.

yvonne_c Feb 21st, 2011 06:45 AM

If you have been to the zoos in San Diego or Washington DC etc, they are far superior to the Singapore Zoo. The Night Safari is a little more unusual as it features nocturnal animals.

Like Lcuy mentions, skip any meals at both places, you can do far better in town than at either location.