Notices

Singapore in August

Jun 16th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Singapore in August

All of the postings have been really helpful in planning this trip. My family and I have taken advantage of the great airfare deals to Singapore and we will be spending a week there in August. I have three children that are teenagers. Could you give me advice on things to do in Singapore. My husband was thinking of taking a day excursion to Malaysia--how accessible is it? For hotels--we were looking at either it Excelsior Hotel, M Hotel (Millenium), or the Rendezous Hotel--can you advise on which one has the best location and ammenities. We want something close to the MRT. Thank You--any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Jun 18th, 2003, 09:37 AM
aud

hi,

Westin The Plaza is having a 1-1 promo till august at S$188
http://www.rafflescityhotels.com/raffles/
Westin TP MRT is right below n there's a shopping center below. Very convenient. Family friend just stayed there! You might want to check them out. For The hotel u mention are walking distance. Good luck.
Jun 18th, 2003, 11:25 AM

A decent 'family' mid-range hotel will cost between S$100 - $140. The Rendezvous I would cross off, it is near the Dhoby Ghaut(sp?) MRT one stop from the top of Orchard Road but not a lot in the area. With teens in tow I would try the Allson which is near Bugis Street/Junction or maybe the Miramar(about S$120). The Allson has decent facilities and is close to local shops and MRT. Other good value hotels are New Park and New Otani. The MRT is great for getting around. You may fancy a couple of nights at the Beaufort on Sentosa if you want some beach and of course Sentosa will keep the kids busy.
You will find masses of brochures and guides in the hotel with things to do, Nigh Zoo etc. You can bus across to Malaysia or take the fast boat over to the Indonesian islands in under an hour.
Try http://www.singapore.travelreporter for some mid-range hotels.
There's plenty to see and do, have a great time!
Jun 18th, 2003, 08:45 PM
aud

Westin is having a, buy one night, get the next night free. With breakfast. Just booked 3 rooms who will be in town for them..

Search this Thread