Reload this Page >

Singapore hotel with good pool

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 01:27 AM
Liz

We will be staying three nights in Singapore in late November and are looking for a moderately priced hotel. A good swimming pool is our main criteria!<BR>Options suggested include the River View, Miramar, Furama and Plaza Hotel.Can anyone recommend any of these?

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 05:08 AM
Neil Salter

I used to live and work there-we always stay at the New Otani.Great pool,gym,right next door to Clark Quay (sate),10 mins walk to biz area and boat quay,same to Chijmes (great club,french restaurant,etc).Free shuttle to Orchard,stacks of taxis (dirt cheap).Stunning views of town.GO!

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 08:51 AM
Kathie

Is the "Plaza Hotel" you refer to the Westin Plaza? If so, that's a great location, great hotel. It is attached to Raffles City (a huge shopping Center) and the Raffles City MRT stop. Yes, Taxis are cheap, but the MRT is even cheaper, and it's clean, air-conditioned and reliable. You are just a couple of stops away from Orchard Road.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Liz

Thanks for the help so far - I'll look into those. One other option our travel agent has come up with is the Peninsula Excelsior. Has anyone tried this since the two hotels were combined?

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Ding

I will go for Westin Plaza. It is a great place. Try to request for harbour view. The scenary is very pleasant.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 04:55 PM
wayne

Hi Liz, I'm from Singapore and the "resident expert" on hotels and restaurants.<BR><BR>The Plaza Hotel is different from the Westin Plaza. The Plaza is at Beach Rd and not near any MRT or shopping centre. Liz, all the hotels you mentioned (incl Excelsior) are quite old and hence have old swimming pools. <BR><BR>You could try the very hip newly opened "Gallery Evason" Hotel which has a glass swimming pool on the 8th floor.IT is located by the river beside Mohamed Sultan Road, where the hottest night spots are. There is no MRT tho. It should cost abt S$175++ but only S$125++ on weekends.<BR><BR>Another good new hotel is the "Grand Copthorne Waterfront" by the River and not far from Gallery Evason. They have a fall/autumn deal at S$150++ and a nice pool.<BR><BR>"Hotel Rendezvous" has specials at S$155++ and is located in the shopping area and is beside the Art musuem and Chijmes. It is 5 mins walk to the MRT adn Raffles Hotel.<BR><BR>Check them out at "Hotelsonline.com.sg" which has good prices.U can e-mail me if you want.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 10:34 PM
CHS

I suggest the Westin Stamford Hotel. The Westin Plaza and Stamford share the same pool, but the Stamford is slightly less expensive for the rooms. The subway is right there for both hotels. Be careful to check that the Westin Stamford is not under construction right now as it's been undergoing a major facelift recently. That being said, the gym there is brand new and worth every cent of it.<BR><BR>The Grand Copthorne is also good but view not as nice from the pool.<BR><BR>Good luck!

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 03:20 AM
John

Actually you can get better rates than those mentioned in an above thread. Rendezvous for example is widely available at 128 +++<BR><BR>Also please note that the peninsula excelsior is nothing to do with the top of the range 5 star Penisula Hotels. <BR><BR>John<BR><BR>www.SuiteAsia.com<BR>Travel Message Boards and Community <BR>Made in Asia about Asia