Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Singapore...Four Seasons and Regent hotels

Singapore...Four Seasons and Regent hotels

Sep 9th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Singapore...Four Seasons and Regent hotels

Can anyone compare them? I'm thinking in terms of pool, location and overall feeling. Which might you choose for a stay with a 9 year old?
Sep 9th, 2006, 07:04 PM

Kim, I've stayed at the Four Seasons dozens of times, but only visited the Regent, so a can't give you a direct comparison.

They are quite near each other and both have excellent access to Orchard Road, the Botanical Gardens and public transport.

The 4S has two pools -- neither of which are much to write home about -- smallish and decidedly urban.

The rooms are nicely decorated and the service is friendly and efficient. Aside from the very convenient location I think of it more as a business hotel than a family destination; although having said that my son was always welcomed.

The hotel that we liked best when my son was younger was the Shangrila. The big pool and spacious grounds give kids a little more wriggle room and there's a wider choice of restaurants. The downside is that it's a hike from Orchard Road (actually it's only a 10 minute walk but it's hot) so you may need to take more taxis.
Sep 9th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Thank you marmot. Could you tell me which room type you liked at the Shangrila?

Sep 9th, 2006, 08:08 PM

We always liked the lowrise Garden Wing with the big bougainvillea covered balconies. My son spent hours playing on the inside/outside stairs with the koi ponds and waterfalls. The poolside restaurant used to be open air which had a lot more charm, but the forces of aircon prevailed.

Just make sure you get a pool view; otherwise you're overlooking the parking lot.

Search this Thread