Notices

Singapore and Transit Hotel

Jan 29th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Singapore and Transit Hotel

I will have a long layover in Singapore on my way to Indonesia. The transit hotel is great (used it the last time I flew to Indonesia), however this time I will be changing airlines.

I get in at midnight on United, and my flight out is at 9AM on Silk Air. I would have to collect my bags, go through customs, then recheck my bags with the new airline, although I doubt I would be able to check in with Silk Air at midnight. I would like to stay in the transit hotel, but I can not figure out how I would do this.

Has anyone encountered this before and have any good suggestions??

Thanks!
Jan 29th, 2010, 12:49 PM

You should be able to check your bags through all the way to your final destination even though you are changing airlines.

If you cannot, there is a way to pick up your bags and have them tagged though to your final destination. I did this many years ago. I was young and naive and just kept asking people and eventually got to the right place. My bags (which I had picked up) were tagged through to my final destination, I believe without leaving the secure area. I did have to go back through passport control to get to the transit hotel.
Jan 29th, 2010, 03:36 PM

Since Silk Air is part of Singapore Air, I'm almost certain they have an early check-in counter where you can check your bags and go through passport control to get to the transit hotel.
Jan 29th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Jen

I did nearly the same thing last year, but my Slik flight was at 2:45pm the next day. United checked my bag all the way through. When you check in with United, present your Silk confirmation and ask them to check it thru to Indonesia.

Search this Thread