Looking to plan a trip in 2017 to Asia, most likely around August. We will be flying from Australia and our arrival and exit has to be Singapore (so whatever we do, we will fly into Singapore, as our flight from Australia will be a frequent flyer redemption).
We plan to take around two weeks, so would like to spend 5-6 days in Singapore, before going to Hong Kong, spending about a week, and then returning to Singapore.
My concern is: are these destinations too similar? Is there enough to do for a week in both? I am reading up on each of the locations (I have been to Hong Kong for a couple of days before but not seen it extensively, and never been to Singapore, apart from transit), but I would be keen to hear thoughts on whether we should consider an alternative to Hong Kong...
Mainly we will be sightseeing, eating/dining and shopping. Not really into hiking.
Any thoughts appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL $ 1800:681:7208 Passwords Reset Contact AOL Tec*h ak47baba
- 2 6 Days in Thailand
- 3 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 4 9 days in Japan in April
- 5 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 6 12 days in Cambodia January
- 7 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 8 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 9 Internet in SE Asia
- 10 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 11 Wat Arun
- 12 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 13 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 14 Question re. fees at BOM
- 15 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 16 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 17 Spa Bangkok
- 18 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 19 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 20 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 21 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 22 need your help with japan itinerary
- 23 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 24 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 25 4 DAYS in KERALA...