Notices

Singapore Airport Hotel?

Oct 27th, 2006, 07:41 PM
DJE
Original Poster

Singapore Airport Hotel?

Would like some recommendations for a good quality hotel conveniently located near the airport. We prefer to be fairly close by because of a morning flight. Many Thanks.
Oct 27th, 2006, 08:48 PM

You have several choices. There is a transit hotel airside in the airport. Rooms are rented by four and six hour blocks. The facilities are clean but very basic. I have used the transit hotel several times when I was arriving at midnight and flying out before 8 am.

There is one hotel that advertises itself as an "airport hotel," Le Meredien Changi. It's an ok hotel, nothing special, and not much in that area. It also takes 20 minutes to get to/from the airport. In that time you could get to any of the much nicer hotels in town. After a single stay there, I decided that the next time I arrived at midnight and was leaving at noon, I'd just stay in town.

I don't know whether you are just overnighting in Singapore or whether you are staying in Singapore but have an early flight out. Either way, unless you have really only a few hours in SIngapore I would highly recommend that you stay in town. SIngapore is really quite small, and is very efficient. I don't think it has ever taken me more than 25 minutes from my hotel in town to the airport.
Oct 27th, 2006, 10:00 PM
DJE
Original Poster

Kathie,
Thank you for your comments. We would prefer a better hotel so will take your recommendation and just stay in town especially as you say it's only a short ride to the airport from there.

For this flight we are just doing an overnight but will be in Singapore earlier in our trip and plan a layover of 3 nights on our way to Australia. Any recommendations for more upscale hotels in the city? I have been considering the Intercontinental and a few others. Thanks.

Search this Thread