Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Singapore airport arrival 12:30 a.m. Cruise check in 4 p.m.

Singapore airport arrival 12:30 a.m. Cruise check in 4 p.m.

Dec 28th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Singapore airport arrival 12:30 a.m. Cruise check in 4 p.m.

We ideally would like to do a trip to the botanical gardens before boarding our ship late afternoon on the 13th of February. Our arrival from JFK on business class at 12:30 a.m. means hopefully we will not be sleep deprived, but wonder if we should check in to Crowne Plaza hotel at airport, Check in, clean up and then leave our luggage there and then do some sightseeing in the a.m. Any suggestions appreciated.
Dec 28th, 2012, 07:25 AM

That sounds like a pretty good plan. You will probably want to sleep a little bit after you arrive in addition to cleaning up. Head over to the botanical gardens early. Do check out the National Orchid Garden while you are there. You might appreciate a late check-out, if you can get one. I don't think it matters whether you stay at the airport. Being able to walk straight into your hotel from your flight is a plus but a taxi ride into the city is only 20-25 minutes. If your cruise leaves from the city, you might be better off staying at a hotel there.
Dec 28th, 2012, 07:47 AM

I agree with Craig, choose a hotel in the city. Since you will not be departing on your cruise from the airport, no need to be there. The Crowne Plaza is ok, but for the price of a room there you can stay somewhere very nice in the city.

Despite being in business class, I expect you will arrive wanting a shower and some sleep (I always do). Get up in the morning, have breakfast and go to the botanical gardens, then choose another place to go, like the Museum of Asian Civilizations, have a wonderful late lunch somewhere, and go to your ship.
Dec 28th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. Given some thought, I suspect checking into a more central location would be more convenient. I think that even if we have to check out early, the hotel may hold our luggage for us to pick up later in the day. I am thinking of doing a Priceline hotel booking last minute in a 5 or 4 star. From what I have read, Singapore is not that spread out and cabs relatively inexpensive. Any thoughts?
Dec 28th, 2012, 10:40 AM

sounds like a plan..

another option would be to do the hop on hop off bus tour which stops at the b garden.,.

Search this Thread