Notices

sihanoukville?

Aug 16th, 2002, 03:25 PM
mick

sihanoukville?

Has anyone stayed at sihanoukville.i´m planning to visit there in december.what are the town and beaches like and can i find decent cheap accomodation on the beach there?

Aug 16th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Marilyn

Mick, never been there, but we are very interested in this area also. I will keep checking to see if you get any response, but will you please post a report when you return?

Thanks!

Aug 18th, 2002, 01:00 PM
kirikou

Was there for a few days in January. The beaches are quite okay, but nothing more (in comparison with Thailand, that is). Occheuteal seems the nicest, but was immensely crowded - that is also where most of the cheap accommodation on the beach is, was pretty full. There's also lots of rooms a couple of blocks from the beach, at a lower price. Prefer the so-called Weather Station Hill to this area though, as accommodation is far better for same price, and Victory beach just below's not at all crowded. Victory isn't as nice though, but decent enough. And if you take the time to drive a bit out of town (motos come quite cheap) there are supposed to be some amazing beaches, but no accommodation. Didn't really like the town though, so left fairly soon.

Aug 30th, 2002, 08:35 PM
mark p

i enjoyed Sihanoukville very much..sure there is not a lot..but so relaxed..Occheuteal Beach was not crowded in January and the nicest one there..decent room is $7 near the beach..want to go back!! www.se-asia.com

Search this Thread