side trips-time and $

Jul 25th, 2001, 05:13 PM
Veronica

side trips-time and $

I am going to HK in Feb, package deal, but want to extend to see Great Wall, and other sights. On a budget. Is the flight to Xian or Beijing expensive? Any day(or two) trips out of HK into China at a reasonable cost? I know it will be in the 50's in Feb., but other than weather, is it really a bad time to go? Thanks for any info.

Jul 27th, 2001, 05:39 PM
xxx

I flew Dragon Air from Hong Kong to Beijing and the flight wasn't too badly priced. Unfortunately I can't remember how much right now. But since it might be a once in a lifetime chance to get that close to the Great Wall - go! I took an entire day hike along an unrestored section and it ranks up there as one of the most memorable days of my life. Just be sure to get in shape before you try and undertake it! Lots of climbing.

If I had to choose between the Terra Cotta Warriors and the unrestored portion of the Great Wall - there'd be no contest - the Great Wall is amazing!

I also loved my time in Hong Kong - fun city with lots to do. Consider taking a side trip over to the island of Macua for a day.

Search this Thread