Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (
-   Asia (
-   -   Sick in Thailand search for Doctor (

Thai75 Nov 20th, 2016 07:29 PM

Sick in Thailand search for Doctor

i want to travel to Thailand and i often have problems with pain in the back and neck.

So are there doctors for example in Phuket who speak english and who could give me a document that says that i am not able to work for example one or two weeks?(wothout a big diskussion)
Can you recommend a doc?

thursdaysd Nov 20th, 2016 07:59 PM

Are you going to Thailand to work, or to avoid work? Are you asking for a doctor who will lie for you?

Thai75 Nov 20th, 2016 08:30 PM

For holiday.

I dont ask for a doctor to lie. I mean if i go to a doc with pain in the back (for example because of a too heavy backpack). Then i need a document for my work to get the days of vacacion back.

Is it difficult to find a doctor who can write this document in english?

thursdaysd Nov 20th, 2016 08:47 PM

Simpler to take a rolling case in the first place.

jacketwatch Nov 21st, 2016 05:22 AM

Kathie Nov 21st, 2016 06:18 AM

If you are truly ill or injured, you want to be treated in Bangkok. Bumrungrad is my choice of hospital. They are set up to translate medical documents, as needed.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:59 PM.