Reload this Page >

should we go to hua hin

Search

should we go to hua hin

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2001, 01:01 PM
dorothy

should we go to hua hin

We are going to bangkok in October,then we hope to go to hua hin. have we chosen the right place to visit for 6 nights.We just want a relaxing holiday.

Old May 16th, 2001, 11:22 PM
Ursula

Dorothy: If you want to relax and you will surely need that after Bangkok, you will like Hua Hin. The good thing about Hua Hin is, one does not need to take the plane to get there. It's some three hours from BKK. What resort will you be staying at? There are some beautiful places like "Le Sofitel" and the "Dusit-Polo" which is between Hua Hin and Cha-Am. If you don't stay at "Le Sofitel", go for a drink or tea. Beautiful colonial style hotel and animal-shaped trees in the garden. Absolutely lovely. Also have a look at the old train station. Enquire when the Orient-Express passes by. <BR>You will find some typical Thai restaurants at the port. Go there in the evening. You can have great meals, esp. seafood, for little money. <BR>I liked Hua Hin, but others might have liked it less. It always depends on personal experiences, etc. Make sure to take comfortable clothes. Best is loose cotton items. Bkk is very humid and sticky but a great place to explore. <BR>Hereafter some websites for Thailand from my list. I hope they all still work: <BR>www.thaifocus.com <BR>www.tat.or.th <BR>www.bangkok.thailandtoday.com <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip! <BR> <BR>

Old May 17th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Sarah

Dorothy, I could not put it better than Ursula did! Everything she has said I 100% agree with. <BR>Hua Hin is between 2.5 and 3 hours from Bangkok airport. The town is spotlessly clean (well compared with other resorts!). The old railway station is classic, agree totally about 'taking tea' at the Sofitel, just like Raffles in Singapore! A lovely restaurant is the "Bali-Thai' in the center of town, an tropical garden style place with Thai wooden sala buildings. Lovely food and marvelous service, a real quality 'Thai' restaurant. <BR>Enjoy Hua Hin, plenty to see and do, mayve you have enough time for a day or overnight trip to the River Kwai? Just 3 hours from Hua Hin.

Old May 17th, 2001, 10:29 AM
marcia

Hua Hin is the most 'under-rated' resort in Thailand. <BR>Clean, fresh air, nice beaches, plenty to see and do, cheap, and with 'none' of the 'rough brashness' that you find in Phuket or Pattaya. <BR>You have chosen very wisely. Enjoy your vacation in Hua Hin, we certainly did. <BR>Marcia & Bob ( Hong Kong )

Old May 18th, 2001, 12:29 PM
dorothy333

Thank you so much for the info on hua hin, am now more excited than ever. By the way Ursula,we are staying at the Royal Garden Resort.

Old May 19th, 2001, 05:31 AM
James Allan

Dorothy, the Royal Garden Resort has just been taken-over by the 'Marriot' group ( very large high class hotel operator ) and they have renovated it to even better than before. It is now called.' The Marriot Resort and Spa Royal Garden Resort'(!!!!). So it is even better! It is right on the beach and you can walk into town or take a tuk-tuk or trishaw (very cheap in Hua Hin and no rip-offs like Phuket). You will enjoy it. You can also walk along the beach into town. Do make sure not to miss the National Park, beautiful.

Old May 21st, 2001, 04:26 AM
Ursula

Dorothy: The Royal Garden Resort sounds like a very nice place and Marriott Hotels are always very nice. Well the ones I have been to. <BR>It's a good sign that I have not seen it, that means it must be hidden in a nice garden. The only place in Hua-Hin I remember well is the Melia because it's a skyscraper which can be seen from anywhere. Maybe the gardens and the beach are nice inside, but I am glad you do not stay there. <BR>Please let us know how it was when back. Thanks.

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:42 PM
Pas

Don't forget to have a seafood meal at the Chao Lay restaurant. It is on a pier overhanging the sea in the center of town. <BR> <BR>Although it is not luxurious - Thai style and relatively inexpensive - it is one of Thailand's most famous seafood restaurants and is regularly patronized by members of the Royal family when passing through Hua Hin.

Old May 31st, 2001, 07:42 PM
sarah

Even if you are not golfers, it is worth trying your hand! I was perdsueded by friends and it's great. The courses are wonderful and so I am told about the cheapest in Asia. <BR>Try the "Bali-Thai" restaurant in the center of town, lovely Thai garden style and first class service.

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 10:45 PM
huahin

topping

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 02:48 PM
Nan

Hua Hin is a beautiful beach resort town. If you like golf, it has some of the best courses anywhere, and you get a caddy! We did a package with golf and sightseeing and had a fantastic time. We booked with Meridian Holidays.com

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:19 PM
Tony

topping

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 02:41 AM
Bob

Dorothy<BR>do not go to the Marriott! We left after 2 nights and booked into the Sofitel.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 03:19 AM
jj

Dorothy's post is from last year. She's probably back now.<BR><BR>Bob, please, what was the problem with the Marriott, anyway?

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 03:23 PM
Sherri

Has anyone stayed at the Majestic Creek Resort in Hua Hin?

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 07:35 PM
bob

it may be that bob above is not a real person...i tried to send him a message and it was returned as non-deliverable...beware

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 09:42 PM
tom

to Bob 2<BR>many people on this site do not use real addresses because of "spam". I prefer to use the xxx tag, less confusing!

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:02 AM
Veronica

Sherri, Majestic Creek I 'think' is the golf course, Majestic 'Beach' is an average 3-star hotel on the beach. I have not stayed but we drove past. It was one of our options, the prices are quite cheap but from what I read don't expect 'resort' luxury, but again it was a very good price. We went for Kaban Tamor which was a little more, a boutique type of place on the beach, fabulous round rooms and nice location but basic facilities, i.e small pool, restaurant and bar. If you want all the facilities and spas then maybe the Hyatt Regency or Marriot are worth a look.<BR><BR>After getting nasty spams I too choose not to put my e-mail address.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:30 AM
Sherri

Veronica, thanks, your're right. It is Majestic "Beach". I was concerned about what the beach was like in that area. It seems there's lots of pics of the hotels and facilities but none of the beach - just slight mention of "fine sandy beach". I often wonder if the "ommission" is deliberate. We would prefer a boutique type hotel over the large chain resorts. We plan on a long stay (20 nights) so would prefer a larger room, and require exercise room.<BR>Thanks

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 10:57 AM
fiona

Bob<BR>can you please say what what you didn't like about the Marriott? Anyone else able to give an opinion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -