Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Shangri-la returns on priceline (a Sat night!)

Aug 5th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Original Poster

A guy on www.biddingfortravel.com recently posted about his success in nabbing the S-La in Bangkok for a Sunday night. We tried for a Sunday (Dec 4) and were successsful. Others have attempted various dates without luck. We just realised we had no booking for Sat Dec 3 so tried and yippee got Sat night too! We love this hotel!
Aug 6th, 2005, 12:02 PM

it is $105 plus tax/svc charge from priceline...that is not all that great a deal....it is $134 on the hua hin site all inclusive including breakfast...
Aug 6th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Hi Bob-you're info is incorrect, for our specific dates. December rates quoted on hua hin are US166 inc tax and no bfast.

$134 rate is up to Oct 31. So we've saved US35 per night!! Good enough for us. Cheers!
Aug 6th, 2005, 05:48 PM

sorry---i thought i put in a november date when i did that a few days ago...i must have put in an earlier date...make sure you join the FF club as they may still offer the totally free breakfast as laurie recounted or it may have changed to 1/2 price....also allows you late check-out...they also allow the use of the health club after late check out for changing of clothes and showers if you have a late nite flight...

our priceline rooms there were good, but not fabulous...they put us both times back about half way in the corridor so if you looked way to the left you could see the river...the beds were comfortable, the bath was ordinary and older....a good buy at $55 and 65.....make sure you bring a good cover-up if you plan to use the pool as you have to walk in some pretty busy areas to get to the pool...there are of course robes if you choose to wear them as well...

with the FF membership you received special check in as well
Aug 6th, 2005, 07:43 PM

lyndie---are you ritabal on priceline??
Aug 6th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

yes, Bob, ritabal is my sister's alias.

I attempted to register as Lyndie, spelt several ways, but no luck. I think I explained this to you in my post about Regency Park Hotel Bangkok in April on biddingfortravel.com.

When we buy on priceline, we sometimes get upgraded for free or pay a bit extra and get the Exec floor upgrade. It's worth it for the free wine, food etc. at night and free soft drinks & light food all day. Last time we stayed at Shangri-La we had a great river view room so we hope to experience similar in December. You can be lucky! All the best!
Aug 6th, 2005, 08:41 PM

you may have explained it to me but it is long out of my brain....most things are long out of my brain after 2 minutes....

good luck getting a better room....