Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Shanghai Tour guide with cruise to airport transfer

Jun 24th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

We will have an evening flight out of Shanghai at the end of our cruise and are looking for a suggested company or service to pick us up at the cruise terminal (Wusongkou cruise terminal), see the sights and drop off at Pudong Airport. Any recommendations or suggestions?
Jun 24th, 2014, 12:09 PM

Look on cruise critic. Then go to you line and there might be others looking to do the same or fill out a group they have put together.
Jun 24th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, I am very active on cruise critic, but there are not any suggestions for Shanghai tour guides for such a short duration. I have checked with tripadvisor also. Most tour guides want to meet at a hotel in the city - we need transportation from the port included because of the luggage issue. As there will most likely be a large deposit ($50 from one) I would like to get a recommendation.
Jun 24th, 2014, 01:50 PM

Do you know if there are taxis available at the cruise port? Setting this up with a tour company will ensure that you pay at least 10x as much as you should. In China, you don't want a guide in any case. Get a good guidebook, decide what you want to see and use a taxi.
Jun 25th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

I am sure there are taxis and I am sure the cost will be higher. But I don't feel comfortable hiring a taxi driver most likely with little or no English for a city tour where if we hop out for a while our luggage will be at his mercy
We did get a response back from The China Guide and I am hoping that they will have what we need. They got some good reviews on TA.