I am a 1st time poster. I have read and enjoyed these forums a lot over the past few months. I have really enjoyed all the posts by folks in MA (Massachusetts). I live in Boston currently and am planning a trip to SEA around Oct/Nov 2011. I would like some help about where to start and end the trip and other details.
We are 33 old couple who have travelled extensively in India and will be starting the trip in India. The segment I would like help is flying out of India to Thailand and back.
We have a rough outline of what we would like to visit and the order of priority:
1. Siem Reap
2. Bangkok & Thailand Beaches
4. Kuala Lumpur
I understand October is Northeast monsoon season time and we should try to be on the western side of Thailand for that or even Bali would work for that time. I have some flexibility about my start date for the trip by the latest I can start is Oct 10th. So bbasiclaly Oct 10-Nov22nd or so.
Would something I have below work?
1) Fly to Bali through KL/Bangkok - 5 days
2) Fly to Bangkok - 2 days
3) Travel to Angor Wat - Spend 3-4 days
4) Fly to Kuala Lumpur - explore malaysia - 8 days
5) Travel up the Malay peninsula - hit a few beaches in Thailand on the Andaman Sea - 10 days
6) End in Bangkok - 5 days explore places around bangkok(City Life etc)
Buffer travel days - 3, give me a total of 38 days.
Does this sound reasonable? Anything I should change the order and sequence of? We are not partiers, like culture, temples and would like to experience a new country. Like beaches to relax but like the less touristy non party areas. Moderate budget ~ planning about 7000USD for the whole trip starting in India and ending back there. Any recommendations, comments etc ? Please add
thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BROTHER PRINTER I844:3O7:279O INSTALLATION CONTACT BROTHER Tec*h by 24/7
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 5 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 6 Question re. fees at BOM
- 7 Spa Bangkok
- 8 Internet in SE Asia
- 9 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 10 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 11 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 12 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 13 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 14 need your help with japan itinerary
- 15 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 16 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 17 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 18 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 19 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 20 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 21 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 22 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 23 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 24 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 25 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai