Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Any recommendation on where to rent a mobile in China?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning to go to Beijing in August for about a week to watch the Olympic games. I don't want to bring my laptop with me and I'm also told that some of US or European mobiles may not work in China and I don't wanna risking losing contact with my forks back home. Does anyone know is there a reliable mobile rental service in China?
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 11:12 PM

We used the services of www.pandaphone.com It was easy and very reasonable. We opted for the cell phone to be delivered toour hotel in China and it was waiting for us at our hotel. We had the option of leaving it at our last hotel or mailing it back (to a Texas address) when we got home.
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 06:09 PM

My friend came over from US to Beijing in June to tour around a couple of days and he rented a mobile from Yoyoor. Delivery and returning was very flexible. What's more important is that he was overjoyed to find that Yoyoor is not only a mobile, there is a whole package of extra services go with the mobile: GPS navigation, international IP call function, live English assistant, definitely big bang for your bucks. Definitely recommend Yoyoor.Check out more on www.yoyoor.com.
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 06:36 PM

A,ha! I know that Yoyoor!Last time when i went to Shanghai, one of my Chinese friends rented one for me.Yes, it's very convenient!What i like most is that they should have live English Assistance service!Sweet girls speak excellent English!Once i called them to ask where to find a clean washing when i was roaming on the street,and to my surprise, they replied me in just a few seconds and soon i was led to a deluxe hotel by their voice service and
GPS navigation!Amazing!
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 07:04 PM

Hi,travel_ly, you are a lucky guy!i also have an encounter with that Yoyoor.Live English service is good,but they didn't reply me so quick.I was told to hold on and on and finally i got replied.By the way i got the Yoyoor phone in Chicago,America,not in China.
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 12:03 PM

I am so happy to see this discussed here. I'm going to China and need to be "on call" for a family situation. My cell phone won't work in China and I was worried about having to buy a SIM card there and so on.

Both of these choices seem so simple.

Thank you!!!