Sawasdee Hotels Bangkok??

Sep 5th, 2002, 12:16 PM
joy

Sawasdee Hotels Bangkok??

Has anyone stayed at any of these hotels in Bangkok? The prices seem outrageously good and the pictures look decent too. I don't want to be a victim to good marketing and then go there and find out its a rowdy dirty place. What is the best area to stay at in Bangkok to set as a homebase? Thanks

Sep 15th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Glenn

I am booked for 3 weeks at the Novotel Bangkok Siam Square. The hotel is in a shopping center and near two others, the skytrain station is across the street and the river taxi docks about 1 block away. I booked through Sawdee.com and the rates are competitive. You can confirm reservations with VISA or MC. May I suggest that you obtain travel insurance, I bought mine through Access America Tvl. Svc 1-800-284-8300. It covers your airline tickets, missed flights, hotel costs, emergency air evacuation, emergency hospital & doctor, luggage etc. My cost was $183.00 U.S. for my wife and I. It also reimburses your costs if you are unable to make the trip. Hope you enjoy yourself in the LOS.
Uncle Rusty

Sep 29th, 2002, 02:39 AM
markp

if its the same as the sawasdee guest houses (eg in banglamphu) then i have heard reports of theft by the staff!!
if its under 300 baht it will be a backpacker type of place...my site
www.se-asia.com tells you lots

Sep 29th, 2002, 06:49 AM
orgy7

joy.. thanks for the site I may try one of these hotels out when I return... you should check if the bathrooms are shared or privet.. if you choose too stay in one of these places then location comes into place...

Search this Thread