Reload this Page >

Round Trip Airfare from Bangkok to Chaing Mai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 07:33 AM
pupawup

<BR>Will be in Bangkok in August and want to travel to Chaing Mai for several days. Should I buy my airfare now over the internet in order to avoid having tickets sold out or can I just show up at the airport, go to a travel agency or purchase it through my hotel? Also what method would be cheaper? Thanks in advance for any information. <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 10:43 AM
lynn

Hi - <BR> <BR>I think Thai airways has many flights to Chiang Mai but some do fill up. We flew to CM from BKK last November and the flights were pretty full. I was glad we booked from home. <BR> <BR>I called Thai Airways and purchased the tickets before we left. They sent us the tickets via FedEx. The cost was about $89 per ticket, round/trip from BKK to CM. <BR> <BR>I would just do it from home to make sure you get tickets. I think it's better than hoping they have some available. <BR> <BR>Lynn <BR> <BR <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Amber

I don't think it should be much of a problem to get tickets. Went recently during high season and were able to get tickets to Chaing Mai at the airport upon arrival in Bangkok . Although not all of the times were available, we were able to get seats on the days we wanted to travel. Don't know which method would be cheaper. Have a great time in Chaing Mai, it's a wonderful place!

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Craig

Look at the website www.thaiairways.com. Click on "Check fare information" and enter your information. This will get you the cost in Baht for Business Class, Economy Class Y and Economy Class M. Economy Class M tickets are the cheapest but must be purchased in Thailand. <BR> <BR>No matter where you purchase your tickets, don't forget to confirm your flights. <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 06:24 PM
sarah Rey

Its about US$100 return. You can buy ticket in advance on Y (Economy class) valid for 1 year of M class(Economy) slightly cheaper valid for 3 months. You 'can' change your bookings.