Rooms at PhiPhi Village resort

Old Apr 21st, 2006, 08:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rooms at PhiPhi Village resort

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has ever stayed or seen the PhiPhi Island Village resort's Hillside Villa, I have this booked for our Honeymoon in July!

And while I am at it, Must do's in PhiPhi and Bangkok, It's both of ours first trip!
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 04:42 AM

Dear Nikki

The villas are new, only 3 or 4 of them. They have their own private pool. We live in China and vacation in Thailand. We stay at the resort but in their deluxe bungalows. They are top notch and the restaurant is top notch. Since its your honeymoon have dinner catered under the stars it is wonderful. In Phi Phi do the snorkling tour from the hotel ( see Chet ) he is wonderful. Also i advice you to take the high speed boat saves a lot of hassles from the mainland and faster. Also go into Phi Phi town and volunteer for a day it is a gratifying experience and rgere is still a lot of work to do after the tsunami. By the way the resort was not damaged during the tsunami. The resort is a quiet beautiful getaway built on an old coconut plantation. You won't want to leave. Enjoy. Any questions just ask.
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 05:48 AM

my list for bkk for you:

lots of good eating...pick a good hotel, preferably one on the river: peninsula for real lux or marriott resort and spa for comfort and the best pool area in bkk...enjoy the wonderful thai and international cuisines available in bkk...i have a great list if you want it of bkk restaurants, just ask at [email protected]....

sights:

grand palace
jim thompson house
v-mark palace
suan packkard palace and grounds

wat arun
wat pho
marble wat

shopping, shopping, shopping

take taxis often to avoid the heat and mayhem--very cheap....use the skytrain in combo with taxis at other times...restrict general walking to only necessary on site walks....

sights:
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 12:33 PM

I recently stayed at PPIV - in a deluxe room, not a hillside villa though. You can read my trip report here:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34786949

You can check out my photos here - the last couple of pages show PPIV
http://community.webshots.com/album/549368664kOeLTP

Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 05:46 PM

Hi. I stayed here back in 3/'03 and it was not bad. The walk uphill to the little rooms can wear on you. The rooms are cute with a beautiful view. The only thing I didn't like was that they turn the A/C off when you leave your room so when you get back (Sweating from the walk up) you are greeted by a nice toasty room! Rate was very good, but I can't remember how much.
Good luck!
Old Apr 26th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all. Great feedback, We are very excited to go and will post a review when we do go in july, Rumrita thanks so much for the pictures!!