I am not really an outdoor person, and have rarely hiked. Last time I actually did some semi-serious hiking was at Zion and Bryce 1.5 years ago. And nothing like a 2-day 2,300m/7,500ft hike to a 4,095m/13,435ft mountain top. But my gf was planning to do it with some of her really outdoor buddies, and I was invited. I said "yes".
Before I go further, here's the album of the whole 9-day Sabah trip. Right now, I have uploaded the Kota Kinabalu portion. Will post the mountain climbing portion shortly, with the happy days at the Gayana Eco Resort later.
Three albums are dedicated to the Lok Kawi Wildlife Park just outside KK, and one for the trip down Klias River to see the proboscis monkeys in the wild.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 2 Wat Arun
- 3 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 4 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 Miyajima Island
- 7 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 8 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 9 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 10 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 11 Vientiane to LP December
- 12 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 13 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 14 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 15 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 16 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 17 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 18 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 19 5 days in Singapore
- 20 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 21 Shanghai in January
- 22 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 23 Myanmar tour companies
- 24 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 25 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
rkkwan's trip to top of Mt. Kinabalu, Sabah, May 2011