Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Ritz discount rates in Singapore? (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/ritz-discount-rates-in-singapore-434860/)

nislam May 24th, 2004 04:48 AM

Ritz discount rates in Singapore?

Hi,
I have seen some postings saying people got rates from $120-$160 for the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Singapore. Can anyone let me know where you got these rates?
Otherwise, FYI, I got some great rates for the Sheraton ($150 SG) Regent (180 SG), Oriental ($135 SG) (all prices incl tax and breakfast) at www.asiabesthotel.com and $135 (US) for the Raffles Plaza Premier rooms at www.asiavoyage24.com. Those were the cheapest I have seen so far.
Thanks in advance for anyone who can let me know about great rates for the Ritz (where I really want to stay).

Craig May 24th, 2004 06:48 AM

Some of those postings are probably pretty old. Asiahotels.com has a lowest rate of $161 plus tax, which is still pretty cheap for a hotel of its class.

Kathie May 24th, 2004 08:36 AM

Like Craig, I was going to recommend asiahotels.com I've booked with them many times, and find them to usually have the best prices.

dko3tgk May 27th, 2004 12:10 PM

Try Asiatravel.com
They usually have a competitive price and some sort of promotion listed for the Ritz in SGP.

They have a late summer promotion price for SGD$320 which comes out to about USD$188. The club floor gives you access to the club lounge which has meals, cocktail hours and stuff for free. I never stayed in a Club Floor room, only a city view room. But I had a friend who stayed in a Club Floor Room and said it was outstanding. The base room is SGD$290 or USD$170. For about 15 dollars more a night I would definitely go for the Club Floor. But I also agree with everyone else. The Ritz has amazing room and even better bathrooms. ANd for the price there is no equal.

nislam May 27th, 2004 07:14 PM

Thanks to all three of you for your help. I will try the club floor rates through Asiatravel.

Guenmai Jun 1st, 2004 12:07 PM

Expedia had rooms for US$155. I just looked.

Ericka Jun 1st, 2004 04:15 PM

I booked directly through the Ritz Carlton Web site using a weekend package. It came out to about $150/night including breakfast and (most importantly) a marina view upgrade.

No matter what, you'll want to make sure to get the marina view. That's the view everyone raves about!

Guenmai Jun 1st, 2004 04:18 PM

Speaking of club floors. I stayed on a club floor at the Ritz Carlton in Kuala Lumpur...2001. Amazing. The standard room was only $108. a night and I got a free upgrade through Amexp Platinum. So that's how I ended up on the club floor. It was one of the best hotel experiences I have had in three decades of overseas travel.A 24-hr butler came with the room. I've also heard that the Ritz Carlton in Singapore is fabulous.Although I've been in Singapore quite a bit, I haven't stayed at the Ritz, but am looking into it,too.Bon Voyage!