rhkkmk/mrwunrfl/Craig re:PUTU

Jun 25th, 2004, 09:38 PM
SD3
Original Poster

rhkkmk/mrwunrfl/Craig re:PUTU

I'm a thirty-something woman who will be traveling in Bali on my own. Is it advisable for me to hire a car & driver on my own, and would you recommend Putu?

Thanks for all your Bali advice!
Jun 26th, 2004, 02:39 AM

Absolutely, you do not want to drive in Bali. Putu is completely trustworthy and you will feel very safe with him. Contact him via e-mail at [email protected]. He will get back to you within 2-3 days.
Jun 26th, 2004, 05:29 AM

we had an absolutely great experience with putu earlier this month...his car is large and well maintained...he is a charming young man about 32 years old..he is very spiritual in the balinese sense...he has a sense of humor and is very intelligent...he is modern yet traditional...

without a driver i do not know how you would get around the island properly in a short time...roads are simple and driving is slow..he takes you on the most pleasant/picturesque roads possible..

he is fairly busy so book early...know roughly what you want to do and take his suggestions as well...he suggested some things to us that we did not want to do and he easily removed them from our trip...

the new conrad hotel is fabulous...see if they still have their fantastic introductory offer--$70/nite...worth twice that...

exchange rate is currently about 9500 to the us $$

putu takes you to great little restaurants during the day..very cheap, but western attuned...
Jun 26th, 2004, 08:12 PM

I do recommend that you hire Putu. If his rates are affordable to you, then you would do well to hire him for all of the reasons that Craig and Bob mentioned, esp. "you do not want to drive in Bali". Riding with Putu is probably one of the safest ways to get around Bali. His rates are quite reasonable and offer very good value. Hiring a a car and driver seems to me to be far better in terms of comfort and convenience than riding between towns in bemos or the Parisiwata Bus.

Search this Thread