Resturant Recommendation near Shanghai Hilton Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Mike

Resturant Recommendation near Shanghai Hilton Hotel

Looking for moderate priced resturants near the Hilton Hotel.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 05:56 AM
Shejja

1221 is a fine restaurant according to many(including fodors). I am going to shanghai next week and I will visit 1221<BR>check:http://www.worldroom.com/pages/wrnshg/leisure/shg_resto.phtml<BR>for information on location.<BR>Price up to $20<BR><BR>Or try http://www.expatsh.com<BR><BR>The Hilton is located near Yanan Lu and Huai hai Lu two of the most busiest streets in Shanghai You can get whatever you want.

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 12:49 PM
Patty

What kind of food are you looking for and what do you consider moderate? We dined at China Moon last month and I though it was very good. We spent about $40.00 for two. It is located in Citic(?) Plaza on Nanjing Rd (It's the shopping center in between the new Plaza 66 and the Westgate Mall). There are also several restaurants in the Jin Jiang hotel complex. We dined at an Indian restaurant there called Tandoor which we also enjoyed, but this one's more expensive about $60.00 for two. Hope this helps. Email me if you have other specific questions about Shanghai. I just got back last month.

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 09:39 AM
rce

See my reply to "Restaurants in Shanghai" -- Henry's on Xinle Lu has excellent Shanghainese, for a little more upscale/atmospheric place Club 7 on next to Donghu hotel, Chs food in restored villa. Both are walking distance (10-15 minutes) to Hilton.<BR>Once you are there pick up one of the English weeklies, eg "Shanghai Talk" -- lists all restaurants, bars, other recreation (eg art galleries) etc.

Old Dec 7th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Patty

Another good publication to pick up is That's Shanghai. It's a free monthly magazine that has restaurant and entertainment listing plus some of there articles are hilarious! They have a website too, I think it's www.thatsshanghai.com