Restaurants in Hong Kong & Shanghai

May 2nd, 2005, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

Restaurants in Hong Kong & Shanghai

Our meals will mostly be pre-paid, but need a couple top-notch restaurants in Hong Kong and Shanghai. We like to dine and are willing to pay high prices but not stratospheric.

Would appreciate shopping tips as well. Thanks
May 2nd, 2005, 05:56 AM

I would highly reco uou get yourself a copy of the Luxe city guide for each city - site is www.luxecityguides.com - great shopping and eating out info. In HK I reco Hutong on Kowloon side - def make a reservation, great view, decor and food. In S'hai one meal at M on the Bund or at the chinese rest in Three on the Bund. Pl advise what type of shopping.
May 2nd, 2005, 08:30 PM

Dinner at Felix at the Pen was a highlight of our visit to Honkers. They stuffed up our booking but after we complained severely & waited an hour, we were given a table right by the window, overlooking the harbour. Magic view, magic food & magic staff. Very expensive (but unforgettable) at around $US320 with one bottle of wine & three courses each in March 2003.
May 3rd, 2005, 08:58 PM

I just had another great meal at ToTTs last week. It's my favorite for an upscale, yet not outrageous dinner while in Hong Kong.

You can see my post after least years visit at the following:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=27

Search this Thread