To those of you who read my earlier posts, in the end we decided we will go to Nepal (cancelled Luang Prabang and Siem Reap, our two plan B's). We want to give the money to the economy and we have always wanted to go to the country. We will spend 4 nights in KTM at Dwarika's, then a night in Dwarika's resort in Dhukiel (spelling), then a final night in KTM again. Because of the earthquake damage, we plan to use local guides at least some of the timewhich we would not have done with 7 World Heritage sites so closely available. (Actually, we have never used guides before).
We leave in 5 weeks and I am now struggling with what to pack. I am clear that shorts, sleeveless shirts and low cut tops are not okay (nor would I have dared to wear them for many years now). What I am unclear about is
1) Do I really need to wear skirts?
2) colors. We travel in black and white and I read somewhere neither are respectful. I know that white is the color of Buddhist mourning, but does this mean I should avoid the white French cut t shirts which are my uniform and my husband should avoid his Travelsmith button-down shirts.
We tend to travel with black jeans, black cashmere sweaters and/or pile jackets in the day, nice (black) pants for DH at night and either a (black) dress for me or dressy pants outfit for evening and white shirts. We wear hiking shoes even in city in day because of foot problems.
We do not want to offend or look weird. We are also spending so much money on this trip we do not want to do massive shopping.
Appreciate all help.
In Nepal, we will be in the Kathmandu Valley, mostly around Kathmandu itself. In Bhutan, we will be traveling in both central and west Bhutan, with a five day trek in the middle. (For the trek, we know how to dress.) Thanks all. Oh, finishing with 3-4 days in Bangkok.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsupplementsreviews.info/pure-core-cleanse/
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 5 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 6 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 7 need your help with japan itinerary
- 8 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 9 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 10 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 11 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 12 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 13 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 14 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 15 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 16 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 17 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 18 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 19 Wat Arun
- 20 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 21 Miyajima Island
- 22 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 23 Vientiane to LP December
- 24 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 25 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December