Notices

renting a villa in southern Sri Lanka?

Old Aug 21st, 2006, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
renting a villa in southern Sri Lanka?

putting aside the current political troubles in Sri Lanka, does anyone have experience in renting a villa there? In particular, I have been looking at villas in Galle fort and the southern beaches like Tangalle. Would be curious to hear comments/feeback.
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 02:11 PM
ccc

When we were there last summer we used an outfit called Boutique Sri Lanka, which I stumbled upon on the web. We stayed at Amanwella in the south and therefore I don't have any good villa recommendations there. However, Lindsay at Boutique Sri Lanka put us into some really special villas in other parts of the country that I would never have found on my own. I would have no hesitation about taking her advice again (also her website has lots of good info).
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks CCC-
Yes, I have read your trip report and also seen the website you recommended. Almost all of the villas are large, sleeping 6-10 and it would likely just be me and my husband. I would therefore consider splurging for the Amanwella, but you and others have given it mixed reviews. The price is high, and add the 26% (!) tax to it and I think it might not be worth it...

Looking forward to your trip report.
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 03:50 PM
ccc

Yes, I didn't think of the amount of space our crowd requires. However, I would still recommend contacting Lindsay as I'm guessing - because of the renewed fighting - there are alot of specials to be had. I will say that when we stayed at Amanwella they were running a 50% off special, which was still alot of money but at least more reasonable than usual. At full price I don't think it would be worth it.
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

ttt